Monday, November 11, 2013

Alhumdilillah

Tonight I was driving home from work and was almost hit by a car. It would have been really bad. There just happened to be a lot of space where there usually isn't, and in the split second I saw the car almost smash right into me from the side (they sped through a red light), I was able to zoom my car, swerve to the side, and end up on the side of the road. The car just missed hitting mine and didn't hit me at all. Both myself and my car were totally fine. No one was hurt, including all the people driving behind and next to me. I felt so lucky, and immediately started saying out loud, "Alhumdilillah!" over and over. I keep thinking about it this evening and feel Allah really helped me.

It makes me think of other things I can be thankful about as well. I want to be appreciative of what I have.

1 comment:

  1. Salam, may Allah keep you safe. The Prophet(SAW) taught us this prayer to say when setting off on a journey:

    "O Allah, facilitate our journey and let us cover its distance quickly. O Allah, You are The Companion on the journey and the guardian over the family, O Allah, I take refuge with You from the difficulties of travel, from having a change of hearts and being in a bad predicament, and I take refuge in You from an ill fated outcome with wealth and family"

    ReplyDelete